Consult With Lawyers
100% satisfaction guaranteed
Municipal Corporation Issues
The Municipal Corporation has the responsibility of dealing with civic issues at the local level and its policies are directed by the 74th Amendment Act, 1992, of the Constitution of India.
A few of the municipal corporation issues include:
- Scarcity of funds is the topmost issue. A major source of the income of corporation is different types of taxes.
- Not being able to fulfill their duties is another important issue, as reported by the public and the government. Water supply, drainage facilities, garbage disposal, slum development, road management, and so on are a few responsibilities of the corporation and they are not being done properly.
- Excessive control of the state government over the civic body. This has proved to be more of a curse than a boon.
- Postponing of elections is yet another issue.
- Failure to bring in the best talent to the corporation affects the functioning of the corporation. There is an urgent need to improve the recruitment process.
There are more issues and the above are only a few examples.
When a Municipal Corporation does not dispense its duties properly, the public has to suffer. If you feel the corporation in your area is not doing its duty correctly or is encouraging corruption, you can take action. For example, if the roads are in bad shape or if the street lights are of out order or any other issue is present, you can write a letter to the Municipal Corporation of your area.
You can also file a case against the Municipal Corporation under Civil Procedure Code.
Benefits to choose service
While filing a case or complaint against the Municipal Corporation, it is good to choose a legal service so that the lawyer can help you take the correct steps in filing. He or she will also guide you about the Sections under which you can file a case. You also need a legal representation to put your case strongly against the civic body.
File Your Query Online
100% Secure and Confidential
The following are the reasons to choose Online Legal Center for legal help:
- Online Legal Center features experienced and solution-oriented lawyers who will help to protect your rights and fight for your justice.
- Your legal case is 100% secure and confidential.
- Hiring a lawyer here is more affordable than other services.
- Services are on time and response is prompt.
- The process of hiring a lawyer is quick and easy here.
- Online Legal Center is a government recognised service.
- It is ISO certified.
- The service boasts of 100% satisfaction of 1 lakh+ customers.
How We Work
Get the best legal help from Online Legal Center in 5 easy steps:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The first Municipal Corporation of India was formed in 1687 in Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu. It was known as Corporation of Madras. It is the oldest Municipal Corporation of India and the second oldest in the world (the first is the City of London Corporation in United Kingdom).
The Mayor is the head of the Municipal Corporation and the Municipal Commissioner is in charge of the Corporation.
The Municipal Corporation is a single entity for the whole city, but it is divided into Wards, depending on the population of the city.
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation of Mumbai City, Maharashtra, is the richest Municipal Corporation of India.
Municipal Corporations Act 1835 was formed to govern the Municipal Corporations across the different states and cities of India. Its foundation was laid during the British rule when the first Municipal Corporation was founded in India in Madras.
Recognized by Govt. of India
1 Lakh+ Happy Customers Across India
Data Security & Trust
Trained & Professional Experts
On Time Service
Super Fast Service
Quick Response Team
Affordable Than Other Professionals
What People Say About Us
Connect with our lawyers
Be rest assured that:
Schedule a call with our Lawyer
100% Confidential & safe