Consult With Lawyers
100% satisfaction guaranteed
Consult With Lawyers
Consult With Lawyers
Send Legal Notice | Hire A Expert Lawyer For Send Legal Notice
What Is Legal Notice
A legal notice is a formal communication or intimation that a person sends to another to inform them about their intention to initiate a lawsuit against the other person. This is done to bring to light about the violation of rights of the sender by the other person and it makes the sender eligible to file a lawsuit.
Legal notice is sent only in civil matters, whereas in criminal matters, the court sends a summon or warrant. Legal notice is the first step towards a legal proceeding and comes under Section 80 of Civil Procedure Code 1908.
The sender of the legal notice is called Plaintiff. The receiver of the notice is called Addressee or Respondent.
Sending a legal notice does not necessitate a lawsuit. If the respondent responds to the notice in time, you can have out-of-court settlement or negotiation.
Legal notice can be sent in any civil case, including:
- Cheque bounce
- Tenant not paying rent
- Breach of contract
- Action intended by the consumer against a company, etc
Contents of Legal Notice:
- Name and other important details of the plaintiff.
- Name, designation, signature, and contact details of the lawyer who Sends the Legal Notice.
- Factual statements describing the problem faced by the plaintiff for which he/she intends to take action.
- Mention of alternate relief sought by the plaintiff, such as monetary compensation or other.
- Penal and civil consequences in case the respondent fails to comply by the demands of the plaintiff.
- Time period to respond, which is usually 15-60 days.
- Mention of the means through which the legal issue can be resolved.
What Is The Important Procedure For Send Legal Notice:
- Contact a lawyer and discuss with him/her the violation of your rights and your intention to Send Legal Notice for the same.
- The lawyer will draft a legal notice accordingly.
- He/she will send the notice to the respondent through registered post.
- The lawyer will give you a copy of the notice.
- If the respondent responds to the notice within the time frame, you can have a negotiation or out-of-court settlement with them.
- If the respondent fails to respond to the notice within the time frame, you can go to the court or take further legal action as mentioned in the notice.
Benefits to choose service
File Your Query Online
100% Secure and Confidential
The following are the reasons to choose Online Legal Center for legal help:
- Online Legal Center features experienced and solution-oriented lawyers who will help to protect your rights and fight for your justice.
- Your legal case is 100% secure and confidential.
- Hiring a lawyer here is more affordable than other services.
- Services are on time and response is prompt.
- The process of hiring a lawyer is quick and easy here.
- Online Legal Center is a government recognised service.
- It is ISO certified.
- The service boasts of 100% satisfaction of 1 lakh+ customers.
How We Work
Get the best legal help from Online Legal Center in 5 easy steps:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Legal notice is only a warning that a legal action can be taken against the respondent, if he/she does not comply by the demands of the plaintiff, who has been aggrieved by the respondent through breach of contract or violation of rights.
A legal notice can pave a way to negotiation or settlement without going to the court. This can be time-saving and money-saving for both parties. If there has been a misunderstanding, then the parties can resolve amicably and no litigation is needed.
It gives the respondent a chance to correct their mistake and to become aware that their actions have aggrieved the other person. Many times, the other party may not listen to you and continue to violate your rights. A legal notice can make them rectify their errors, as they will fear that legal action be taken against them.
Legal notice also serves as valid proof for the plaintiff in the future about the respondent’s wrong deed and that the respondent was approached by the plaintiff before going to court.
The best thing to do when you receive a legal notice is to accept it first and then contact a lawyer. Through legal assistance, you can reply to the notice properly. Please do not ignore a notice, as this would unnecessarily send you into a legal trap and the other party would take legal action against you. Your lawyer will give you the best advice on how to proceed further.
Anybody whose rights are violated can serve a legal notice in India. Make sure that the notice is properly drafted otherwise it has no relevance and would only weaken your case. Always take help from a legal expert to draft a notice.
Recognized by Govt. of India
1 Lakh+ Happy Customers Across India
Data Security & Trust
Trained & Professional Experts
On Time Service
Super Fast Service
Quick Response Team
Affordable Than Other Professionals
What People Say About Us
Connect with our lawyers
Be rest assured that:
Schedule a call with our Lawyer
100% Confidential & safe